* Gregory T Pelle wrote (09/08/06 15:14):
> What is the procedure to have a rule score reviewed?
>
> I have been looking over the scoring for version 3.1.x at
>
>       http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_1_x.html
>
> and think that a score of 1.6 is high for the DEAR_SOMETHING rule.  I
> know that our customer support emails have the first line as "Dear
> <customer's name>...".  It would seem to me that any business that is
> trying to sound professional would have emails that hit this rule.

Where I work I'm always trying to persuade the people who write bulk
e-mail to customers *not* to start it with "Dear <customer's name>",
because I think it does the opposite of sounding professional. But maybe
it's just me. They are indeed trying to sound professional, and think
that personalising the e-mail with "Dear" will do that, and I don't seem
to win the argument. It hasn't made me lower the DEAR_SOMETHING score,
though.

Chris