On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Mark G. Thomas wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions other than discontinuing use of the
> URIBL or using a much lower score?  Is there some way to fix this
> code to make it more resilient to Lotus Notes text mangling?  Is
> there some easy way I can exclude just the one domain name
> "ng.com" from being looked up at all, but otherwise still use the
> URIBL?

Don't touch the URIBL rules at all.

Create a __LOTUS_NOTES rule that hits for message processed by Notes -
there is probably something in the headers that you can look for.

Then you can:

(1) add a small negative score for that alone - not recommended, too
easy to forge,

or

(2) combine it with other rules, e.g. the URIBL hits, to offset the
score, e.g.

   meta  LOTUS_URIBL_FP  __LOTUS_NOTES && (URIBL_WS_SURBL || ... )
   score LOTUS_URBIL_FP  -2.00

If it is consistently happening to just one domain then you could also
look for the mangled domain (e.g. "/\bng\.com\b/i") to reduce the
false positives for this adjustment:

   meta  LOTUS_URIBL_FP  __LOTUS_NOTES && __CHOPPED_DOMAIN &&
(URIBL_WS_SURBL || ... )

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]