On Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:06 AM +0000 Michele Petrazzo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

always, when I install spamassassin to my custumers, I create them a imap
account  (called normally spam), that has two folders, spam and no-spam,
where the users move the "not signed has spam, or signed has spam but
wrong" email. On the server, I execeute throu a crontab every hour a
python script, that I made, that pass the mail to sa-learn (with the
right options, of course). I create this script because I didn't found
one on internet that do the same work, so I'm here for ask to you if you
want it, for include it on spamassassin or add it on the wiki pages.

This is probably like the Fuzzy OCR plugin, a good thing for a 3rd party to support on the SA users mailing list.

Does your script access the IMAP server through IMAP protocol, or does it directly access the underlying mail store?

I do something similar, accessing the mbox files that Dovecot uses to store mail. My folders are Spam/FalsePositives and Spam/Uncaught. Detected spam is filtered by procmail into Spam/SpamAssassin at delivery time. End user interaction is to move the false positives from Spam/SpamAssassin to Spam/FalsePositives, and spam from other folders to Spam/Uncaught.

My nightly script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
sa-learn --spam --mbox ~/mail/Spam/Uncaught
sa-learn --ham --mbox ~/mail/Spam/FalsePositives