Jonas Eckerman wrote:

Andreas Pettersson wrote:

Bus error (core dumped)

This *can* be the symnptom of a hardware problem, such as bad memory or a bad disk.

If you have a disk thats going bad, the symptoms often are corrupt files and extremeley slow writes (because the disk controller retries the write operation (marking sections as bad) until it either succeeds or gives up).

/Jonas

The 'hardware' is VMware ESX 2.5
I think bad hard-hardware would show up in ESX rather than the guest OS..?
But I'm not throwing any ideas away. Let me move the bayes files to another area on the disk and have a try.

*momento*

Same Bus error (core dumped) as before when running manual expire.
When I make another try it hogs, and is still doing so after 5 minutes. But this time I'll wait at least 30 minutes, just to make sure. And just to make it clear; the spamd daemon is not running while I do manual expire.

Regards,
Andreas