Firewall logs.  If that unused ip address isn't allowing port 25 in, the
default rule on your firewall should have connection attempts to port
25.

(I found blackberry for some reason tries to connect to the last mx.  I
discussed it with a tech once, they do it on purpose since they said
their emails get through more often in the secondary.  :-)