Jo Rhett wrote:

You can only exclude the mailing list if you're running SA from procmail or .forward or something like that.

No. You can exclude it in other situations as well.

I was referring to the knobs available for tweaking by an end user.

Ah. Yes, that limits the possibilities. I have a tendancy to see things from an
admin or programmers perspective.

*If* the system is set up to use the SPF plugin *and* enable/allow user rules, it should
still be possible for an end user to "whitelist_from_spf".

Come to think of it, it *might* be a good idea for the official ruleset to
include:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
whitelist_from_spf [EMAIL PROTECTED]
endif

Regards
/Jonas