On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Suhas (QualiSpace) wrote:

> I just wanted to know whether increasing the score will lead to
> false positives or not. As I am a new bee to SA, I don't have much
> idea about it.

It depends a great deal on the character of your mail traffic.

Your mail log should have information about which rules hit on each
message. Find those messages where MSGID_SPAM_LETTERS hit, and see if
they are near to the threshold.

If it looks like more hams are near the threshold than spams, then
this may not be the rule to adjust. If the hams that this rule hits
are not scoring near the threshold, then increasing the score may show
some benefit.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]