Jim Maul wrote:

>Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>Hi.
>>
>>I'm running FC3 on an AMD64 platform for my mail server,
>>and I had last installed SpamAssassin 3.1.5.  Well, I grabbed the
>>tarball for 3.1.7, and did a "rpmbuild -tb ..." of the tarball.
>>
>>Worked fine.
>>
>>Then I tried to upgrade via RPM:
>>
>># rpm -v -U
>>/home/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.7-1.x86_64.rpm
>>error: Failed dependencies:
>>        perl-Mail-SpamAssassin = 3.1.5-1 is needed by (installed)
>> spamassassin-3.1.5-1.x86_64
>>

>>any ideas why this is happening and what the fix is?
>>
>>-Philip
>>

>You cant just upgrade one of the RPM's, you need to do them all at once.
>
>spamassassin-3.1.5-1.x86_64 is using
>perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.5-1.x86_64.rpm so you cant upgrade one
>without the other.
>
>-Jim

You're right.  Sorry, I spaced.  I figured that the RPM container
actually contained several modules, like zaptel does (it also contains
zaptel-devices, zaptel-libs, etc).

Is there any reason to not have a single container contain multiple
packages?  Since they do both need to be installed simultaneously?

-Philip