On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Chris wrote:

I usually come home from work to find about 60-80 spam's in my spam folder.
Today upon bringing up the mailer there were over 400!  Looks like a large
botnet attack or something. Has anyone else noticed this? I've not finished
looking at the ASN's to see where they're from, but I do notice that there
are about 25-30 with the same subject in each group.

        I've noticed a significant uptick over the last month
        actually - both at home and work.

        At work, spam is now about 95% of all inbound mail (where it
        was hovering in the 75-80% range for some months).

        Scanning is still going ok (no overloads), and still *very
        few* FN's.  I love bayes.

        Secondary MX has over 12000 hosts in the greylist, whereas it
        was hovering around 6-7k for the last few months.  So it's
        definitely on the rise from where I sit.

        At home, I've also seen an increase - approx 150 a
        day from around 80-90 previously.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] #include <std/disclaimer.h>