Simon wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> Using spamassassin 3.1.3-0bpo1 from backports.org on debian sarge. We
> did have the standard 3.0.x sarge package. Using amavis-new to call
> spamassassin and after upgrading spamassassin we are now getting these
> messages in the mail.log. Would someone please be able to assist in
> where to go with this one?

Looks like for some reason a SA instance couldn't get a lock on the AWL
database to update it before amavis killed it.

Provided you don't have your bayes or AWL stored on an NFS share, you
might consider switching to lock_method flock. That will speed up
lock/release operations.

However, it's very strange that it timed out locking the AWL.. Normally
SA processes aren't in the AWL very long.

Is your amavis set with an abnormally short timeout for SA?