Paolo Cravero wrote:
Hi,
while doing some checkup on production servers, I noticed that the bayes_seen table on MySQL is rather big:

row:     15'814'021         (15.8Mr)
size: 1'853'882'368 bytes   ( 1.8GB)

I've understood SA doesn't clean-up that table, so it has to be done manually.

Can I simply do a "DELETE * FROM bayes_seen" and live long and employed? ;-) I know it works if Bayes is on files. I would also "OPTIMIZE TABLE bayes_seen" to regain the disk space.

It would be probably faster to delete and re-create the table, but on a production system...

Any other issues?

I dont use mysql with SA, but you should be able to use truncate instead of delete. It may very well be faster with all those rows.

-Jim