For your amusement.  A spam arriving here today from Taiwan reads:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We learnt your e-mail add.from internet.

FIRST OF ALL,PLEASE KINDLY NOTE THIS E-MAIL IS SENT BY
OUR "ADVERTISING COMPANY" AND THE E-MAIL ADDRESS IS
NOT "REAL"(VIRTUAL),THEREFORE,PLEASE CONTACT US
VIA "FAX"  OR "POST".DON'T DIRECTLY RESPONSE VIA " E-MAIL"
BECAUSE WE CAN'T RECEIVE YOUR E-MAIL.
IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST,PLEASE ADVISE
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS & THIS E-MAIL CONTENT OR SUBJECT VIA "FAX" OR "POST".

Wow, I wonder how many people will want to communicate with them. I guess they missed the part in marketing class about impulse buying.

The From address was "[EMAIL PROTECTED]," which is a legitimate domain. A visit to the "contact us" page at www.parts.com reveals this:

"Parts.com is to be used as a parts portal. We are a software development company that provides online software solutions. We do not carry, stock or supply parts. If you are looking for a part, please contact a supplier under that part category. If your business is looking for an online e-commerence [sic] solution, please let us know."

I don't think I'll be contacting them any time soon!

Peter

PS: To top it all off, the end of the spam message has this amusing tidbit: "Please directly push the button to send your fax message out,
don't pick up the phone."

--- Begin Message ---
Dear Sir/Madam,

We learnt your e-mail add.from internet.

FIRST OF ALL,PLEASE KINDLY NOTE THIS E-MAIL IS SENT BY
OUR "ADVERTISING COMPANY" AND THE E-MAIL ADDRESS IS
NOT "REAL"(VIRTUAL),THEREFORE,PLEASE CONTACT US
VIA "FAX"  OR "POST".DON'T DIRECTLY RESPONSE VIA " E-MAIL"
BECAUSE WE CAN'T RECEIVE YOUR E-MAIL.
IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST,PLEASE ADVISE
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS & THIS E-MAIL CONTENT OR SUBJECT VIA "FAX" OR "POST".

We are the professional product designer,mold & die maker,machinery builder
and molded parts(moldings) supplier for the following parts:

* Product design(from simply 3D model creating to whole project sub-contracting)
* Prototype making( mock up)
* Molds & Dies(sheet metal stamping die including single-staged & progressive
dies,
   plastic injection molding molds,zinc or aluminum high-pressure die casting
dies &
   rubber compression or injection molding molds)
* Laser cutting & CNC folding(suitable for small quantity,NO TOOLING(DIE)
needed.
* Sheet Metal Stampings.
* Castings(sand castings)aluminium
* (High-Pressure) Die Casting for Zinc or aluminium
* Plastic Injection moldings.
* Oil Seals & other Rubber Moldings(both for industrial or general uses).
* Various Magnets.
* Machinings(Machined parts)
* Assembled unit(components assembled)
* Plastic Injection machines & Rubber Injection machines,
   other related injection molding machines,custom-built machineries especially
   in connection with injection molding & hydraulic(oil)/pneumatic operating,
   whole plant export including know-how and hydraulic(oil)/pneumatic
engineering consultation.

SMALL ORDER IS OK,PLEASE CONTACT US TO SAVE YOUR COST!

Thank you

Best Regards
Robert Lin
P.O.Box 1-120 Yung-Ho,Taipei Hsien,Taiwan
Fax: 886-4-8783310 (886 is the country code)
NOTE:
Please directly push the button to send your fax message out,
don't pick up the phone.

--- End Message ---