Hello,

Although "check_whitelist --clean" removes entries from the auto whitelist
database, it does not compact the file, at least on my system (latest
SpamAssassin on debian unstable, perl 5.8.8, DB_File 1.814).

A minor modification of the check script that ties a new Berkley db and
copies the cleaned structure over to it brought my 20MB whitelist to
600KB (after --min 3). I'd just send a patch, but I noticed there are
also '.pag' and '.dir' files which I didn't know the purpose of. Are
they safe to leave as is with the compacted db? Should they also be
treated somehow?

--
Gaal Yahas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/