"Justin Mason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Jeremy Fairbrass writes:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a question about the MIMEHeader plugin: if I have multiple
>> mimeheader
>> rules, are they all checked against the same part in a multipart message?
>>
>> So let me give an example:
>>
>> Let's say an email has 2 separate mime header sections (perhaps one is
>> TXT
>> and the other is HTML, or perhap there are 2 file attachments, or
>> whatever).
>> They might look like this:
>>
>> ------=_NextPart_000_0062_01C7099B.069AFD30
>>
>> ------=_NextPart_001_0063_01C7099B.069AFD30
>>

>> Then let's say I have a couple of mimeheader rules as follows:
>>
>> mimeheader  __RULE1  Content-Type =~ /image\/gif/
>> mimeheader  __RULE2  Content-Transfer-Encoding =~ /quoted-printable/
>> meta  MY_META_RULE  (RULE1 && RULE2)
>>
>> My question is, will the meta rule trigger, or not? Because as you can
>> see,
>> only the first mime header section contains Content-Type: image/gif, and
>> only the second mime header section contains Content-Transfer-Encoding:
>> quoted-printable. So are my two mimeheader rules being run against each
>> header section separately from each other, or are they only run against
>> the
>> header sections together, and thus BOTH must fire on the SAME header
>> section
>> in order for the meta rule to work??
>
> the former.

Okay - so you're saying that the two mimeheader rules will actually run
separately from each other, on each header section, and thus the meta rull
WILL trigger? That's actually not how I'd want it to work. Is it possible,
then, to have a meta rule (or some other method) using the mimeheader rules,
that will ONLY trigger if both mimeheader rules trigger against the SAME
header section? ie. all elements searched for by all mimeheader rules, must
exist within the same header section - is this possible? Or do I have to
resort to a 'full' rule or something?