Stuart Johnston wrote:
Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:56:21 -0800
Derek Harding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 17:26 -0800, John Rudd wrote:

http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/RelayChecker.tar
I've been running this for a few days now and am finding it to be
pretty effective, especially against the bots that are producing all
the image spam.

Currently it's running about 87.55% hit rate with only two false
positives so far (one a company on adsl, the other a mail server with
no reverse DNS).

For reasons that I haven't investigated closely, I'm finding
RelayChecker consistently tags mail from the dojo toolkit's mailing
list as well as the catalyst toolkit's mailing list.

I just noticed that SourceForge's list sever has a kinda funky rdns. Can RelayChecker handle an alias in rdns? (66.35.250.225) It looks like neither of the lists you mention use SF but it might cause problems for other lists.

Off the top of my head, I don't know. I'll be sure to test it before the next release.

John