Has anyone had any dealings with this guy.

I take my mail server very seriously.  Further I take spamming very
seriously in general.

Even when I detect one of my customers sending spam I disable there internet
until the problem is resolved

The guy that runs the blarsbl list wants to charge my company 1500$ to
remove our mail server from his list.

When it was listed there for no good reason.

I checked my mail logs going back 6 months there wasn't a single email sent
nor received from this guys domain and or ip block.

It would seem to me he's nothing more then a petty extortionist.

Anyone else had to deal with this?

This is the guy's www site

http://www.blars.org/errors/block.html

Here is a quote from his www site

If you would like a site be added or removed from BlarsBL, you may hire
Blars at his normal consulting rates (currently $250/hour, 2 hour minimum,
$1000 deposit due in advance for non-established customers) to investigate
your evidence about the site. If it is found that the entry was a mistake,
no charge will be made and the entire deposit will be refunded. Send Blars
email from a non-listed account to verify current rates and arrange payment.