From: "Dan Barker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I received a spam yesterday with two different scores (one directly to me,
one to a webmaster account that forwards to me).

This was very odd, because the scores were quite different. I understand
differences in the AWL and Bayes scores, due to being processed with
different user directories (actually, domain directories in this
implementation of 3.1.7). However, there are some other tests that are
coming out differently, depending on the user specified. All have identical
user_prefs (completely null) with the exception of some whitelist_from's.

Setup is  spamc/spamd, so the following analysis data were obtained by 4
calls to spamc with different parameters:

spamc -p 785 -s 500000 -u bydanjohnson   < \tmp\Dtestnews.smd >
\tmp\testnewsB.smd
spamc -p 785 -s 500000 -u kitepilot      < \tmp\Dtestnews.smd >
\tmp\testnewsK.smd
spamc -p 785 -s 500000 -u LMFP           < \tmp\Dtestnews.smd >
\tmp\testnewsL.smd
spamc -p 785 -s 500000 -u visioncomm.net < \tmp\Dtestnews.smd >
\tmp\testnewsV.smd

Where do I begin to look to understand what's happening? I understand the
lines with an asterisk in column 1.
spamassassin --lint is fine, as is
spamassassin -p <various user directories> --lint, if that is even supposed
to work<g>.

In general on a Red Hat or Red Hat derived distro that will not work.
You must log in as an entity that has access to the "various user
directories". (Running it as root might work and might not. I'd not
trust it myself.)

The general rule is to run spamassassin lint tests as the intended user.
{^_^}