Blackberry emails trigger a bunch of BASE64 rules, that are not meaningful.
It's just the way it works.

Two thoughts:

a) If blackberry.com doesn't often spam, why not:

whitelist_from_rcvd * blackberry.com

Doing this appears to work, but there is a note in
perldoc::mail::spamassassin::conf that says:

whitelist_allows_relays [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Specify addresses which are in "whitelist_from_rcvd" that sometimes
    send through a mail relay other than the listed ones. By default
    mail with a From address that is in "whitelist_from_rcvd" that does
    not match the relay will trigger a forgery rule. Including the
    address in "whitelist_allows_relay" prevents that.

This does not appear to be happening (IE, I don't see non-blackberry mail
triggering a "forgery rule"). Is the note wrong? Does it only apply if there
is more meat to the address than just a "*"?

b) Maybe I'd be better off with a few points (vs -100 from a whitelist) if
the received_from ends blackberry. I could write a rule for that, and score
say -4.

Which way should I go? If a) need I worry about whitelist_allows_relays?

Dan Barker

REF:

 pts rule name              description
--
 1.9 MIME_BASE64_TEXT       RAW: Message text disguised using base64
encoding