On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:47:54PM +1300, Philip Seccombe wrote:
> Running through that gets me to this:
>
> Typical frequently used setting:
>
>     --uninst 1                           # uninstall conflicting files
>
> Your choice:  [] --uninst 1
>

> Please remember to call 'o conf commit' to make the config permanent!
>
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 23:09:31 GMT
> Test::Harness is up to date (2.64).
> ExtUtils::CBuilder is up to date (0.18).
> Module::Build is up to date (0.2806).
> File::Spec is up to date (3.24).
> File::Temp is up to date (0.18).
> Scalar::Util is up to date (1.19).
> Test::More is up to date (0.67).
> Data::Dumper is up to date (2.121).
> Digest::SHA is up to date (5.44).
> File::HomeDir is up to date (0.63).
> Compress::Zlib is up to date (2.003).
> Archive::Tar is up to date (1.30).
> Archive::Zip is up to date (1.18).
> Net::Cmd is up to date (2.27).
> Net::FTP is up to date (2.77).
> Term::ReadKey is up to date (2.30).
> Term::ReadLine::Perl is up to date (1.0302).
> YAML is up to date (0.62).
> Text::Glob is up to date (0.07).
> CPAN is up to date (1.8802).
> File::Which is up to date (0.05).
> nibbler:~#
>
> And there's just nothing happening

Well, you're back at the shell script.  Everything you did should be
saved in your local configuration, so go back and run the

  perl -MCPAN -e 'install IO::File'

command line (note correction).  Also note that on most installations
you can run it interactively by just putting this on the command line:

  cpan

Then, at the cpan prompt, put

  install IO::File

or whatever else you want to do.

> Kind Regards,
> Philip Seccombe
> Turnstone Technologies NZ Limited
>
> Phone: +64 9 970 5550
> Fax: +64 9 970 5559
> DDI: +64 9 970 5552
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your
great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."
Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)