* Jonathan Nichols wrote (15/02/07 05:19):
Maciej Friedel wrote:
On 02/14/07 Jonathan wrote:

http://www.pbp.net/~jnichols/spam2.txt
0.0 BOTNET_NORDNS IP address has no PTR record
0.1 HTML_50_60 BODY: Message is 50% to 60% HTML 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message 1.0 BAYES_50 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60% [score: 0.5002]
5.0 BOTNET The submitting mail server looks like part of a Botnet

i think botnet is a good idea

maciek

I thought botnet was unstable.. is it working ok now?

It's not (in my experience) unstable. It's excellent. But the default score of 5 is way too high. It gets a lot of false positives, especially (again, in my experience) from small mail-order operations who don't understand dns (Exchange users, I rather uncharitably assume). I score botnet at 2 and I'm very happy with it. I reckon better network tests are the future of spam filtering, now that spammers are sending blocks of text from Harry Potter books along with undetectable URLs containing spaces etc.

Chris