Gene Heskett schrieb:
On Saturday 09 June 2007, Dallas Engelken wrote:
Yet Another Ninja wrote:
On 6/9/2007 6:50 PM, Jerry Durand wrote:
At 09:19 AM 6/9/2007, Dallas Engelken wrote:
Rulesemporium.com will be coming back online at approximately 1800
GMT.   Special thanks to Prolexic (http://www.prolexic.com) for the
DDoS protection.
Great news and good work!  I assume we can re-enable sa-update for
tonight's run.

Thanks for keeping this running.
Guys

There's really no need to automate RDJ

SARE rules aren't being updated too frequently and any rule change
will be announced on the list.

Each RDJ empty hit adds to traffic, which, atm , is a precious luxury.

Pls be considerate and help SARE keep the site alive.
Prolexic will be providing proper caching of the rules shortly, so this
shouldnt be much of an issue going forward.   As long as people would
keep their automation at 1-2 times a day,  its cool.

And I've moved my sa-update script from /etc/cron.daily, to /etc/cron.weekly, plus added a day field valid number to the crontab that runs rdj that is not sunday.

I hope this helps. If everyone did this, your load should go down quite a bit. I really appreciate the service and I thank this group very much. Between this and some really aggressive procmail rules, I'm getting only 2 to 4 trash messages a day squeeking through.

http://saupdates.openprotect.com/ is made for automation - sa-update is also more efficient for "empty hits"