Michael B Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed SA on a stock CentOS 5 machine. I forwarded a spam to it
> and it worked. Then I sent a very short "hi" message that I would expect
> should make it through but it did not.
>
>> From looking at the X-Spam headers:

> I don't see an explaination. Where is the explaination?
>
> Why was this flagged?
>
> Is SA taking into consideration that I previously sent a spam from the
> same address?

Yes, more information about auto white-list can be found here:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutoWhitelist

If you are testing spam assassin with spam or ham then you should not send it to yourself; but instead pipe the original message to spam assassin. i use something like this:

  cat SPAM_MSG | spamassassin -D > OUTPUT_MSG

Dan