On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:22:40 -0500, Jeff Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Quoting Nigel Frankcom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> Quite apart from that, if Iron Port were so perfect, there wouldn't be
>> a SpamAssassin list?
>
>Not quite sure I understand your comments.  IronPort is one of many companies
>that use open source technologies in their products, modifying, adding to, or
>improving them in various, usually proprietary ways.  They leverage open source
>and enhance it in their own products.  Many of these companies also find ways
>give back to the open source communities, for example by allowing their
>employees to work on open source projects on company time.  For many it's a two
>way street.
>
>Jeff C.

A fair comment Jeff. I wasn't aware that Iron Port gave back. I am
aware that some do, however, the original claim of 100% seems unlikely
at best. The larger the user base the larger the margin for false
positives/negatives?

Thanks for correcting me about the positives though, that is one I'd
overlooked; I'm sure there are many more.

Kind regards

Nigel