On Sunday 23 September 2007 18:50, John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> > > SpamAssassin's trusted_network configuration caught my
> > > eye. What exactly does this do, and should I put my box's
> > > ip address in there?
> >
> > Absolutely. You put all your internal servers and possible ISP
> > servers there too. Trusted networks are networks and hosts that
> > you trust are not generating spam.
>
> Incorrect! "trust" means the Received: headers they generate are
> trusted to be accurate (i.e. not forged), **not** that those hosts are
> not originating spam!

No, Jari is correct. He also wrote "And mostly, they will not tamper with
email headers, that's what the trust is about.", but you left that out. And
hosts in trusted_networks *are* (mildly) trusted not to originate spam.
That's what ALL_TRUSTED is about.

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)