On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 03:24:17 +0200, Alex Woick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Try an "optimize table <tabname>" for each of the sa
>>> tables. You just filled the database from scratch, so
>>> perhaps the counters/statistics do not reflect the actual
>>> value distribution yet.
>>
>> Optimize table does not work with InnoDB.
>
>Surely it does. According to the Mysql documentation, it defragments the
>indexes (it probably rebuilds them) and it updates the index statistics.

I use the MySQL Tools to handle compacting and repair etc. For other
jobs I use DBTools. Neither is perfect, but between them they get the
job done.

I do most of my admin from windows  but afaik the MySQL tools are
cross platform.

Despite the above, I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression
that the daily admin for bayes handled compaction etc.

Perhaps your problem lies elsewhere in your system? I know form ages
back that lack of a PTR for the SQL server can slow things
significantly if your DB is on a different box to your SA.

HTH

Nigel