Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2007 10:13 PM, Matt Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I took a message and learned it as ham like this
>>>
>>>      cat email-with-headers | sa-learn --ham
>>>
>>> Now I should expect the exact same email to be considered as ham. Correct?
>>>

>> No. You'd expect the bayes score to go down, but that alone might not be
>> enough.
>>

> Bayes score did go down
>

>>> But it does not. When I pipe it through spamassassin like following it
>>> shows it as spam
>>>
>>>     cat email-with-headers | spamassassin -D
>>>
>> Care to show us the rule hits?

>         *  0.0 MISSING_DATE Missing Date: header
>         * -0.0 NO_RELAYS Informational: message was not relayed via SMTP
>         *  2.5 MISSING_HB_SEP Missing blank line between message header and
> body
>         *  1.3 MISSING_HEADERS Missing To: header
>         * -2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
>         *      [score: 0.0000]
>         *  2.2 TVD_SPACE_RATIO BODY: TVD_SPACE_RATIO
>         *  1.8 MISSING_SUBJECT Missing Subject: header
>
> However I do not understand why it says missing subject. The email
> does have Subject: This is a subject

The clue there is probably the "MISSING_HB_SEP".. There's probably some
invalid in the headers prior to the Subject: that's causing SA to assume
the body has started.

Generally speaking this would be commonly caused by one of the following
common errors:

1) a header name that has a space in it.That's invalid, and confuses the
parser.

2) improper folding of a multi-line header (ie: the folded line doesn't
start with a whitespace). Also invalid, and also confusing to the parser.