Clay Davis wrote:
> I've see several people write this.  Can someone point me to some debate
> I can review?  It seems to me that if you set the autolearn threshold
> fairly high and keep any eye on your bayes scoring, it would be a good
> thing.

IMHO, autolearning is a good thing. However, exclusively autolearning
without ever providing any manual training is a situation that can to
lead to a mislearning disaster. The autolearner is most vulnerable when
it has to make judgments and there's no existing training to compare
against.

It's probably bad experience with that effect which has caused such
gross over-reactions.