Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:

Right, it is.

The URIWhois does not detect the registrar. It detects the name and the
address of the DNS- and whois-defined NSes for that domain.

So how is this substantially different from the URIDNSBL plugin that comes with SA?

Bear in mind this plugin *DOES* resolve the NSes for the domain, and DOES check those too. Take for example URIBL_SBL, which only makes sense in the context of the IP of the nameservers (since it's an IP based RBL). I guess you could say that looking up the IP of the host in the URL would also work, but that's an invitation for DoS, so it's not something URIDNSBL does.

The only big difference I see at face value is it uses whois instead of DNS to find the NS records.. that hardly seems efficient..