Hi,

Marc Perkel wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone is noticing an increase in the number of virus infected computers sending spam? Last month my hostkarma blacklist had about 700,000 IPs of infected computers. Today it's 1,200,000. I do have some new customers who have a lot of spam. But just wondering where the jump came from.

No facts here, just based on gut feeling and evidence from previous years.

All those computers that were bought as Christmas presents, get connected to the internet, either without proper protection, or with a trial version of a virus scanner whose licence for updates runs out after 30 days?

--
Anthony Peacock
"A CAT scan should take less time than a PET scan.  For a CAT scan,