David Zinder wrote:
What should dig return? I too have Verizon fios. If /etc/resolve.conf contains their DNS servers I get similar dig results as you. If I change it to DNS servers I trust I get:

$  dig techweb.com.multi.surbl.org

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> techweb.com.multi.surbl.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
<snip>

Is this a correct response from dig?
Yes, that's the correct result. You want NXDOMAIN (ie: not in the blacklist).
If so, changing the DNS servers in /etc/resolve.conf does not fix my problem. The techweb.com email is still reported on the blocklists. I have also tried dig from two other email servers I control. They both have different DNS servers in /etc/resolve.conf and different ISPs. Both return similar dig results to what I pasted above and the techweb.com email gets the same results.
You can also force dig to use a specific DNS server for the lookup. .you might want to check all the servers in your resolv.conf. Perhaps SA is using a different one than the command-line is picking:

ie:
dig @192.168.1.1 techweb.com.multi.surbl.org

will force it to use 192.168.1.1 as a DNS server (note the space between dig and @.. that's important)

You should see poisoned results from: