Matt Kettler wrote:
Martin Gregorie wrote:
spamassassin --mbox <mbox >scanned.mbox
No, SA doesn't know how to split up messages for scanning;  sa-learn
is the only SA component that can extract messages from an mbox mail
folder.

In that case, what does the --mbox option do? Not what I expected,
evidently.
There is no --mbox option for spamassassin. Period.

There *IS* a --mbox option for sa-learn, but that's ONLY sa-learn. It works as you expect, but cannot be applied to spamassassin or spamc.

Ok, open mouth, insert foot.. there *IS* a --mbox option to spamassassin in the 3.2 branch. I'm not sure if it will output in mbox format.. you can give it a shot and see if the new mailbox file works..

However, it might just come out as a string of rfc-822 messages concatenated together..