Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

Like everybody else, I'm tired of this nice girl spam. But the only place I can find any of those files on this F8 system is in usr/share/spamassassin. Are those the ones to play with for system wide rules?

no, do not modify files in the "distribution" directory (this breaks your package if you installed from a package, and your modifications may be lost if you update/upgrade).

Instead, create your own rules in the "site" directory. depending on your system, this may be
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/
   /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/
   /usr/pkg/etc/spamassassin/
you should see a file named local.cf there. if at loss, run spamassassin -D and it should tell you where it looks for "site" rule.

you can either modify local.cf or create your own files (I prefer the latter to keep different rule types in different files).

do not forget to restart/reload whatever daemon you use to run SA (spamd, amavisd-new, ... etc).