Hi John,

Looks like yo replied directly to me. I couldn't find your reply on the
list yet?
At any rate...

The Bayes DB has been learned and in effect for a long time - years before
my time.

No ID's have changed or the config that has caused this error.
I add users to the whitelist - and use sa-learn - that's it.

1.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam-email]$ sa-learn --dump magic
0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0     797361          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0     665377          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     186483          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000          0 1203464108          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000          0 1203536991          0  non-token data: newest atime
0.000          0 1203536443          0  non-token data: last journal sync
atime
0.000          0 1203507419          0  non-token data: last expiry atime
0.000          0      43200          0  non-token data: last expire atime
delta
0.000          0     101794          0  non-token data: last expire
reduction count

2.
sa-learn running as "amavis".

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam-email]$ id
uid=503(amavis) gid=504(amavis) groups=504(amavis)

3.
I think we are filtering with Spamd - how can I tell - in a config file or
dir? (/etc/mail./spamassasin or /var/amavis/.spamassassin)
I have both binaries...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam-email]$ which spamd
/usr/bin/spamd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] spam-email]$ which spamc
/usr/bin/spamc

4.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ps axu | grep spamd
root     18580  0.0  0.1  1736  588 pts/2    S    14:00   0:00 grep spamd

Scott Pichelman
Systems Administrator

Weir Minerals North America
2701 S Stoughton Rd
Madison WI 53716  USA

T: +(00)1 608 226 5615
F: +(00)1 608 221 5807
M: +(00)1 608 279 5056
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: www.weirminerals.com

John Hardin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/20/2008 01:43 PM

pichels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject
Re: sa-learn "not" learning?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, pichels wrote:

> But, I've tried learning any email after I recieved the Perl error
> message and none are being learned?
> And why is the spam being scored wioth spamassassin?
> I don't understand? Could my Bayes DB need to be re-synced or forced to
> expire some dups or ?

Note that bayes needs at least 200 spams and 200 hams before is starts
scoring. Have you learned that many yet?

If you have kept your training corpus, you could delete the bayes database

files entirely and start training over from scratch.

> My users are getting the "nice girl emails and they are not scoring as
I've
> shown in my post - why?
> They score with spamassassin debug but are not being stopped by SA in my
> maillogs?

That smells like a user ID problem. If the user ID that spamassassin/spamd

is running under is different than the user ID you are running sa-learn
under, the bayes databases are different - you're training a database that

SA isn't looking at. Verify that you are training using the same user as
the user spamassassin/spamd is running as to filter mail.

> Can I provide more details?

What does "sa-learn --dump magic" report?

How are you filtering messages? spamc+spamd?

What user is spamd running as? What user are you running sa-learn as?

What (if anything) does "ps axu | grep spamd" report?

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [Small arms] are fundamentally dangerous and their removal from the
  equation either by control, neutralisation or removal is essential.
  The first step is to gain information on their numbers and
  whereabouts.         -- the UN, who "doesn't want to confiscate guns"
  2 days until George Washington's 276th Birthday

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and
is not intended to be relied upon by any person without subsequent written
confirmation of its contents. Accordingly, our company disclaim all
responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for the
consequences for any person acting, or refraining from acting, on such
information prior to the receipt by those persons of subsequent written
confirmation., If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately by telephone. Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer., Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this E-mail message is
strictly prohibited.