Hi jeco,

You ought to visit http://spamassassin.apache.org and find out a bit
more about it. The installation of SA is quite an easy thing (though I
would suggest doing it via package management, and not building it from
source) but the configuration is a different story.

You've not supplied many details. Are you installing a fresh mail server
at the same time? Or are you installing Spamassassin into a
live/functional Mail Server?

Do you know what MTA you're using, or are going to be using?

You really need to answer these questions for yourself, and then find
some instructions for configuring SA for your setup/distribution/Mail
Transport Agent. It is when you are having problems configuring this
that the mailing list can help you.

So, to summarise, find out what SA can and can't do for you from it's
website. Figure out how you want to use it, and what you are deploying
it upon.

If you are going to be putting SA on a live server, it would pay to
consult with this list first, but you really need to supply some more
details.

Cheers,
Mike