Hi,

I'm having trouble with the AWL of Spamassassin.

The AWL is acting seriously wrong. I get some spam with my own address
in the "From:" header, and the AWL assigns ridiculous scores to it.

I have quite a few cronjobs running which send mail with the same
"From"-address on my local machine but that shouldn't extend to external
Mails (at least, I hope).

To aid in debugging I have completely removed the auto-whitelist file in
my ~/.spamassassin. A few minutes later, the database looks like this:

| ice:~/.spamassassin>date
| Tue Feb 26 10:27:45 CET 2008
| ice:~/.spamassassin>dbedit -p auto-whitelist|grep '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=83.239    1
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=none|totscore     -99.133
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=83.239|totscore   9.14
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=none      2

which looks plausible to me.

But three hours later, the first spam gets through again. The Database
now look like this:

| ice:~/.spamassassin>date
| Tue Feb 26 13:35:05 CET 2008
| ice:~/.spamassassin>dbedit -p auto-whitelist|grep '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=117.47    5
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]|ip=117.47|totscore   -188.926

Why is this happening? Can This be fixed? Or do I have to turn AWL
completely off because it is broken by design?

CU,
    Sec
--
A bureaucracy is like a computer program.  Usually, the question is
how to arrange it so that what you want is composed of operations that