Miguel Angel wrote:

The latest versions of simscan will not run spamc on email where RELAYCLIENT is set. This can happen via smtp auth or via tcp.smtp.

You might want to take this over to the simscan mailing list and post your ./configure options so we can help you figure out why it is scanning smtp auth users.

Regards,

Rick

Hi,

i have read about this in README file (i am using last simscan version) but the way to configure this it is changing the tcp.smtp, i am using this smtp to receive mail, it is the mx of many domains, if i desactivate simscan on it, i will lost spamassassin and clamav scanning on received mails too. In mailing list of John Simpson combined patch to qmail any users says me i should create other smtp server in other ip/port and force smtp auth on there, disable spamassassin on it and give it to my users to send mail from it but i would like to know if i could avoid that solution.

The configuration of simscan is all that is needed. There are no changes to tcp.smtp.

All that will happen with a correctly configured simscan is that email from authenticated users will not be run through spamd, it will still be run through clamav if configured.

All other email will be scanned as usual.

Regards,

Rick