mouss wrote:
The approach is flawed. a single word shouldn't be enough to tag mail as spam.

As a general rule, yes 100% agree...but to play devil's advocate for a second, I slam any message that contains references to a little blue pill starting with "V" and sounding like a play on Niagara Falls. ;) In an I.T. shop, I don't see any need for someone to mention that word in any business-related correspondence. :P However, if I were managing mail for a medical institution (which I have in the past), the rules would be very different...and a lot more complex!

Bottom line, SpamAssassin is a heuristics based classifier, and as such shouldn't really be used to classify one way or the other based on a single criterion. Such approaches void the whole idea of heuristics. So I guess I saying "yep agree", but there are corner cases in some circumstances.

Cheers,

James