Well, I got a bunch of spams from 66.213.228.51 about some non-existent stock (that's considered Wire Fraud, and it's a federal felony offense in the US).

It was also unsolicited.

I went to Eschelon.com, the ISP, and provided them with examples and asked them to shutdown the spammer.

They insisted that the "client" in this case (meaning their checks cash, even if they do spam) was a legitimate "opt-in" operator.

I said, "Fine, then have them furnish the proof that this user ever opted in, because he insists he didn't."

A week later, no reply, despite my pinging them twice.

They're either complicit, or else burying their head in the ground as to the legitimacy of the complaints (they did call them a "major customer").

Because it doesn't take over a week to dig out proof that someone opted into a list or didn't.

So, what's the procedure for spanking an irresponsible ISP?

How do you name him to the various RBL's?

I suppose I could sign up for spamcop.net... Which S/X/RBL would be most effective in this case?

Thanks,

-Philip