> In regards to Pyzor.  I'm wondering if anyone out there is using this
> at any large scale.  Unlike the razor-agent which appears to be a Perl
> module that gets loaded at startup, I'm  concerned about SA having to
> exec the python interpreter and having that setup/teardown time for
> each and every message.
>
> Adding salt to the wound, our SA servers run on diskless servers; so
> having it have to run over NFS makes for a double whammy.
>
> Is there a better way to implement Pyzor or is it not even worth the
> trouble?

Hi Robert,

It would appear you've had some success with Pyzor and ReadyExec. We use
Pyzor over here at Manux, but do not use ReadyExec (we're not running
out of cpu or ram any time soon..).

One thing I have noticed, however, is related to high volume. Sometimes
(and for several minutes at a time) we will not be able to reach the
Pyzor server - it rejects our connections. This is most definitely
because we're doing too many lookups. Beware of this. You probably will
not see anything about it until you notice it's gone from the headers of
mail that it should or has hit in the past.

The fix for us would be to run our own Pyzor server, and I'll be working
on that over the next while - hopefully after a discussion with the
author.

Anyway, just thought you ought to know about the high volume thing. You
might get your end running sweet and fast, but it may cause rejected
lookups when you're scanning mail.

Cheers,
Mike