andys wrote:
Hi,

for a mail server running email for multiple domains what is the
typical/recommended way to collect emails which arent detected as spam to
be processed by sa-learn? Users are downloading mail via POP3, so once a
users sees a mail and decides that it is in fact spam its already been
removed from the mail server. If the user forwards the mail to a special
mailbox for processing then the mail is obviously now different from the
original spam, the user is the sender etc. Will sa-learn still work using
this method? and if not what else can I implement that would work?
thanks for any comments, Andy :P

We have had good luck by setting the email clients of *trusted* users to leave their mail on the server for 1 day. The users can then login to their webmail and move the spam to a SPAM folder and a selection of ham to a HAM folder. I train bayes on those folders each night.

By retaining the messages I train with for seven days, I can go back and relearn any improperly classified messages if needed.

The key part is *trusted* users.

DAve

--
Don't tell me I'm driving the cart!