On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Marc Perkel wrote:

Looking from opinions from people running rbl blacklists.

I have a list that contains a lot of name based information. I'm about to add a lot more information to the list and what will happen is that when you look up a name you might get several results. For example, a hostname might be blacklisted, be in a URIBL list, be in a day old bread list, and a NOT QUIT list. So it might return 4 results like 127.0.0.2, 127.0.0.6, 127.0.0.7, 127.0.0.8.

Is this what would be considered "best practice". My thinking is that having one list that returns everything is very efficient.

Isn't general practice to bitmap the last octet if you're going to convey multiple pieces of information?

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  W-w-w-w-w-where did he learn to n-n-negotiate like that?
 Tomorrow: the 221st anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution