On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Karsten Br?ckelmann wrote:

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 07:52 -0700, John Hardin wrote:
I'm going to suggest again that, given how much pain it causes noobs,
perhaps the use of whitelist_from should generate a lint _warning_ that it
should only be used if no other whitelist method will work...

The thing with noobs and whitelist_from (according to my experience on this list) appears to be a lack of reading. I got the impression most of them just blindly whitelist_from their own domain to be on the safe side, without any prior investigation and usually without any need.

Agreed, and if they aren't reading the documentation carefully enough to see the warnings about using whitelist_from, then they probably aren't running a lint either...

However, if emitting a warning in lint saves having some "why are spams hitting USER_IN_WHITELIST??" messages sent to the list, it's probably worth doing.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  ...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
                                              -- www.darwinawards.com
 2 days until Halloween