At 21:45 30-11-2008, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
Since getting my hosts natively speaking ipv6, I've been seeing a lot of initial timeouts connecting to spamc, because I believe it's apparently trying ipv6 first.

spamc: connect to spamd on 2001:470:1f07:a7f::1 failed, retrying (#1 of 3): Connection refused

[snip]

However, I cannot get the -A systax for spamd to accept connections from a given address, nor does it appear to be listening on said address:

quark# netstat -na | grep LIST | grep 783
tcp4       0      0  *.783                  *.*                    LISTEN

Use the -i parameter to specify the IPv6 address. The -A parameter to specify the host which can connect to spamd and not the IP address on which spamd should listen on.

Regards,
-sm