Matt Kettler wrote:
> If a spammer is using the same sending address over and over again,
> blacklist them entirely.
>
> That said, I've never seen a spammer re-use the same address twice.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen – only that you’re not on any
“narrowcast” lists (e.g. “Email 200,000 British business addresses!”)

A number of otherwise-legitimate companies will send to those lists.
SpamAssassin’s fixed rules will do very little against these spammers –
they’re using the same e-mail engines, the same language, and the same
sort of Internet connections as other companies with opt-in mailing
lists. For some addresses, they represent the vast majority of spam that
gets past SpamAssassin.

Fortunately, they often do use and re-use the same IP addresses and the
same domains, and can be blocked that way.

http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/browse_thread/thread/78ac67e56ce35d90
lists a good (bad?) selection of them…

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Remember, half-measures can be very effective if all you
aprilcottage.co.uk | deal with are half-wits.