On 10-Dec-2008, at 01:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
Duane Hill wrote on Wed, 10 Dec 2008 06:53:39 +0000 (UTC):
Do a search for 'sought' on the SA wiki page

and read the documentation on sa-update before you ask again ;-)

I read the man page, where there is no mention of how to obtain this number. In fact, I read many posts, and many webpages and have still not found that information. I've seen the IDs in others posts, sure, but where do they originate?

Even searching the wiki (which just links to the previously linked http://taint.org/2007/08/15/004348a.html )is merely a "here's the random-looking digits you pass to --gpgkey" and not a "here's what the --gpgkey is, means, and how it's generated".

Why doesn't sa-learn simply trust the keys that are added to its keychain without this extra (and at least for me, confusing) step? I'm starting to think the simplest way to do this is just ignore the gpg flags entirely and use --nogpg. What's the downside to this (other than the obvious DNS hijacking to point the URL to some spammer site with bad data which seems a remote enough chance to ignore).

--
Advance and attack! Attack and destroy! Destroy and rejoice!