At 01:36 15-01-2009, Rasmus Haslund wrote:
implement it with the SA engine running in Icewarp Merak. Anyway we do
have alot of problems with FP when we try out new things and I just have
to say some things just does not work good on a large scale where you
have to deal with all kinds og languages from all over the world.

Antispam tools rarely works well on a large scale. SpamAssassin has not be tested with all the different languages. You have to do your own testing and make adjustments.

We do business with tons of companies that are using some cheap/free
mailserver on their dsl line and then thats it - these are listed in PBL
and god knows where... but if we dont get their email trough it will
mean large amounts of lost revenue. I constantly have to be over the
system looking to see what new trends arise. Thankfully our system in

There are a few people that do that as they understand that filtering requires continuous management. SpamAssassin can be quite effective even if you are communicating with companies running mail servers on their DSL line. It is commonly said around here that SpamAssassin does not block spam. The score it generates can be used to categorize the emails you receive. From there, you can block the really bad and flag what falls in between for review. One of the advantages of SpamAssassin is that it won't flag an email as spam on the basis of a PBL listing only.

blocked though no explanation from them) and 2nd some customers
mailserver and im not sure how they fixed it since they dont speak any
language i can understand or speak so our sales rep. for them translated
a bunch of stuff from me and now it seems ok.

That's one of the problems when you communicate globally.

If you are seeing a lot of false positives, post some samples on a web site together with the rules that were hit.

Regards,
-sm