Hi,

Simone Morandini wrote:
Hi all,

I faced some really annoying timeouts in the last few days (that have caused
tons of spam to get through), but after having  forced an expire with
sa-learn, I noticed a really good improvement.

I have anyway some questions on sa-learn:

Actually, these are related to your MailScanner set up and could have also been asked on the MailScanner users mailing list.

Currently, I have "auto_learn 1" in my local.cf, and I set

SpamAssassin Timeout = 120
Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = no

Personally, I disable MailScanner from rebuilding Bayes, with:

Rebuild Bayes Every = 0

Then I run

/usr/local/bin/sa-learn --force-expire

once a day.

in my MailScanner.conf.

With this settings, is it good practice to schedule a daily "sa-learn
--force-expire" and, after that, an "sa-learn --spam" on my spam folder
(that I feed during the day)? Does the "auto_learn 1" interfere in some way?

I also have around 40 bayes_toks.expire<nnnn> files of max 5 MB... It's no
big deal, but should I delete them?

Generally, these are indications of expiry runs that never complete.

Finally, when MailScanner restarts, I see on the logfile some messages
saying:
"Jan 19 06:31:30 eolo MailScanner[22125]: SpamAssassin temporary working
directory is /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp"

is it something I should be worried about?

You should ask this on the MailScanner mailing list.

I do think that looks wrong to me.

--
Anthony Peacock
Study Health Informatics - Modular Postgraduate Degree