Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> Then there's the AWL, aka the historical score averager, which has
> some commands via "spamassassin" to do simple manipulation, usually to
> correct undesired entries.  The score changes per message, typically.

Any movement to rename AWL and thus to avoid explaining it so often?

We could keep the acronym:
* Average Weight Leveler
* Auto-weighting Lean
* Adjust to Widespread Listing
* All Worth (was) Lost
* Assassins We Love
(or mix and match as needed)

Or replace it altogether:
* Historical Score Averager (HSA)
* Regression to the Mean (RTM or RttM)
* Out-of-bound Adjustor (OOB or OOBA or OA)
* Return to Average (RTA)
* Return to Former Mean (RTFM)
* Historical Off-Target Average Score Standardizer (...)

I personally like either Average Weight Leveler or Return to Average,
though as somebody who hangs around statisticians, I have a strong
pull towards RttM (and as a Systems Admin, a tendency towards RTFM).