Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:

<snip/>
While SNF stuff looks interesting to me, it seems also to me that it is
meant as a SA replacement.
In some cases SNF is used as a replacement - in others it is not. Why shouldn't a plugin be as powerful as possible? Doesn't that ultimately make the platform better?
What is the purpose of a SNF plugin for SA, apart allowing advertizing the
product in this list without being discarded as spam? ;)
We have a number of customers who use SA as a platform and have for a long time. Why shouldn't they?! It's a great platform and we work hard to support the folks who use SA + SNF together.

The best practice in spam filtering, and in fact the design of SpamAssassin, is to combine a wide range of tools. This makes it difficult for blackhats to get around the filters and easier for admins to filter messages accurately.

While SNF does have capture rates on par with well healed SA installations, there are always things that get by SNF that SA will catch, and always things that get by SA that SNF will catch.

SNF4SA is here for that purpose.

_M