Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

I just think that a whitelist entry should be an absolute "no spam comes from here unless something goes tits up" type entry, and all hosts on it should be manually checked...
IIUC this is whitelist of type "don't blacklist these hosts"... maybe I'm
wrong

Nope. That would be the nobl and yellow lists:

"White on our lists means that anything that comes from the source is good email and needs no further testing. NOBL is like most other's white lists but means this IP or host name should not be black listed. So no need to check the black lists. Yellow listing indicates a mixed source of good email and spam. Sources like Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail are yellow sources. Yellow means that the IP address or host name contains no information about if it is good or bad and no reason to check white or black lists."

It quite clearly states that all email from whitelisted hosts is ham.

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)